ABOUT MERRIFIELD HOUSE

  • 1800’s – The deeds for Merrifield date back to the 1800’s , and there have been considerable changes in ownership, building structure, usage and acreage over the years. 

  • 1923 – Sale by Auction of ‘Desirable Small Holding’ known as Merrifield Farm – comprising of stone-built thatched farmhouse, stone-built thatched cow house, horse stable, open linhay, two pig houses and 15 acres of land.

  • 1964 (June) – This photo shows the house and surrounding land, where a pig farm and a vegetable garden is located at the rear of house; and a garage was where the pampas grass is now on the front lawn. 

June 1964.jpg
  • 1989 – Sale of ‘Residential Farm’ known as Merrifield – comprising of farmhouse, two small stone/cob-built barns, further outbuildings, garage, and 13 acres of land. The farmhouse was demolished and the current Merrifield House as we know it was built from the ground up.

  • 2000 – Sale of house known as Merrifield and renamed to Spread Eagles, and stood within 24 acres of land.

  • 2020 – Sale of house known as Spread Eagles and renamed to Merrifield House by Donna, Marcus & Deezil, and now stands in 2 acres of land.